Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pastry 4

Today at the bakery it was still a lot of the same old stuff.

I baked a lot of cupcakes, some muffins, and cookies today. Unfortunately, I had a bit of trouble with baking off some of the items. The lemon-blueberry muffins, for example, were put in the oven a total of three times before they were finally deemed complete. As I seem to recall, this happened last time too. They wound up tasting delicious and baked through in the end, at least.
The gluten-free banana cupcakes also seemed off today, and were in the oven twice, but eventually their quality was satisfactory for sale, but I want to make them better the next time I make them.

I just seem to have this weird issue with determining when baked goods are thoroughly baked.

Due to various circumstances, the bakery was short some workers today though, which made things difficult and more hectic than normal. Even the cashier of the shop was helping out. Hopefully things will improve in the future. This makes it all the more surprisingly that we all finished earlier than usual today.

Tomorrow I'm off from the bakery and intend to make cocoa apple cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and a chocolate drizzle at home. I had been thinking about how it's always been popular to eat apple slices with peanut butter even though the peanut butter never seems to stick to the apple. Seems like a good, sweet solution to me! Also I have around five pounds of apples for some reason and need to do something with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment